Having a great trendy look at work is really important. Not only can dressing up well give us more confidence it is also going to make it more fun to go to work each day.
Building a versatile wardrobe is necessary to guarantee that you don’t end up wearing the same combinations each day and won’t spend a fortune on your clothing either. Here are some great tips to help you out.
Get The Essentials
There are few simple items that can create the basis for your work wardrobe. In order to have the most essentials as part of your work outfits you need to get the following items:
- Plain Black Dress – this is an essential thing to have for all the moments when you need to look just a little bit more official. It is very easy to change your look with a black dress by adding a colourful blazer or cardigan on top of it. You can also use different belts to add more versatility.
- Pencil Skirt – a great pencil skirt is another must have. You can be very colourful with it, although it is easier to go with a darker colour such as navy blue or mocha brown.
- Wide-leg Trousers – you also need a pair of . You can go with striped trousers or just with a single colour choice.
- Button-Front Shirt – button-front shirts are a must have and will make it easier to mix it with the skirt or the trousers. It is a good idea to get one full-length sleeved shirt as well as one short sleeved and one ¾ sleeved shirt.
- Blazer – get a blazer that is versatile by opting to get one with a lighter shade like light grey and one, which is darker such as navy blue or deep red.
Add More Pieces
Now that you have a list of all the essentials you can easily start mixing your options by getting a few items of each category. For instance, having five different button-front skirts that go well with either trousers or skirts will allow you to have many different combinations as an option.
It is also a good idea to consider shopping online when you are looking to create a versatile work wardrobe. Shopping for clothes online is a great way to save both time and money. It will also provide you with a lot more options.
If you want to make sure you get the above timeless pieces a good option is to shop at wholesale clothing stores. There are many of them available even on the internet providing you with a wide range of options. For example, check outand transform your work look for the better.
As well as getting the essential clothing items you also need to get some accessories to make it even more versatile. The key is to get a few versatile belts that you can wear to change the look of your trousers, skirts and even the black dress.
You can also change your look with jewellery.has a nice guide to how you should be wearing jewellery at work without it looking too overpowering. Just make sure that when you buy a piece for your work collection you can mix it at least with two different clothing combinations to improve versatility.
Erica is a big fan of shopping for clothes and she is always on the lookout for new versatile items. When she isn’t thinking about clothes she likes to spend time with her two teenage daughters.